Monday, March 11, 2013

Paths and Passions

Why I Love Teaching: 
I love teaching because it excites me to be able to share my engineering skills with students and get them excited about engineering. I love to share my real-life engineering examples with them and help them discover interests in engineering through hands-on projects. I expect the M.Ed. program to give me invaluable teaching skills to effectively and efficiently share my love of engineering with my students.

Action Research Interests: 
Technology is very important to me and to my students. I would like to constantly increase technology usage in my classroom and be able to use many different types of technology effectively.


Area of Developing Expertise: 
I would like to develop more expertise in the area of student engagement. I constantly ask myself how I can keep students engaged throughout the lesson and what else can I be doing to increase student engagement. This is of interest to me because I feel like it ties in with technology usage in the classroom, and also because I feel like students can easily become focused on their grade in the class and not on learning and can also get distracted quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment