Friday, March 29, 2013

Focus on Change and the Future

1.  What changes are emerging from your new learning and classroom application?

Based on my learning, I've been more open to trying new things in the classroom. I'm more aware of my teaching style and trying to differentiate in the classroom more. As things work, I take notes on them to remember for "next time" and if things don't work, I fix the lesson right away, taking notes on what to improve, and that way it's ready for next time. This is helpful instead of trying to remember what did or didn't work next year when I'm teaching the curriculum again.

2. What new thinking is occurring as a result of our group dialogue around practices and research?

Several things are occurring for me based on our group dialogue. The importance of reflecting on work that students accomplish and having students review each other's work and provide feedback. 

3. How is our sharing influencing, supporting, and challenging us to focus on concepts and student learning?

Based on what we discuss in class, I gain insight and ideas to implement in the classroom. I try new things and focus on student learning. I also focus more on building student relationships. This has been extremely helpful with my high school class and the students are learning extremely high level information and doing well.

4. What additional changes are you striving for?

I'm striving to implement Blogger more in the classroom and have students provide feedback on each other's Bloggers. I also want to implement for community building activities specifically in my 8th grade classes where students struggle more with working well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment