Sunday, October 13, 2013

DI Plan & First Post

Differentiation Integration

Post twice a month on 15th and 30th about the following:
Strategies
Struggles
Questions
Ideas
Resources

Comment on each person's once a month

Put DI in the title

***************************************************************************
Strategies:
I am struggling in my classes with DI. One of the strategies I've done is breaking the class into smaller groups and working with the students that still struggle on a concept. I have also given the students a choice on how to complete an assignment - they have a choice of the way they are going to complete the task whether it is with the technology they use or project they turn in.

Questions:
What are some more strategies that I can use within a high school classroom? This is a very generic question. I need to do some research on my own to help with this question.

1 comment:

  1. Jodi:
    I too struggle with differentiation in my HS classroom because I always thought it meant separating student by ability and giving them all different work (ah!). Differentiation can really be anything you do to reach students in a way that fits them best. Giving options on homework assignments (write it out, draw it, create a wordle, concept map...) or options on questions (choose 5 of the 10 practice problems) are both simple ways to add in differentiation without creating tons of new curriculum. - jen

    ReplyDelete