Friday, January 31, 2014

Differentiation in a Project Based Learning Classroom

I found this link that gives six strategies on how to differentiate in a project based learning classroom. I have been really working on strategy 4 & strategy 6. Strategy 4 says to allow for choice with projects. Right now, my students are learning, summarizing, and creating a way to teach a lesson to two other groups. We just started the project today, and it's due next Thursday. I'm excited and nervous about the results. This is the first time I've tried it this way in this class. Strategy 6 says to fluctuate between team and individual work. A lot of the work in my class is individual work, but this project they are starting is in groups of 3-4. I'm hoping it goes well.

http://www.edutopia.org/blog/differentiated-instruction-strategies-pbl-andrew-miller

1 comment:

  1. This is a great reminder of the simple ways to differentiate. As I look them over I realize that I am doing many of them now with my fifth graders as they work in groups to research an ecosystem. In addition I scaffolded further by giving them by preparing a google doc with links that could help them get started with their search if they were having trouble searching the fast web. I will be bringing books in next week as well to help my lower level learners after they have used some of the picture links I posted on the document. I will continue to use this as a resource as i work through this project. Next will be to come up with their product choices to show their work.

    ReplyDelete