Thursday, June 20, 2013

Unit 1 Assessment - Civil Engineering & Architecture

My unit for Civil Engineering & Architecture focuses on the history of civil engineering & architecture, different architectural styles, and how to become a civil engineer or architect. It takes approximately two months for this unit which starts at the beginning of the school year.

Pre-Assessment

Formative Assessment #1

Formative Assessment #2

Summative Assessment

** I created these assessments in Word, however, when I uploaded them to Google Drive, some of the formatting became messed up even though it still looks fine on the Word documents.

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you have different word banks separated in the pre assessment.
    Your assessments are set up very nicely - I like how they are in blocks and students are able to visually separate problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi - I appreciate how visually interesting your assessments are, but I imagine that they need to be because of your content. Will your summative assessment contain any application questions for your students?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, Great Assessments. I appreciated that the pre-assessment offered a mix of vocabulary that students would likely know and others they would likely not know. And with the way the matching was used, it would be easy for them to narrow down and begin learning definitions of words they do not know. However, I was wondering if you could use some essay or application questions in your pre-assessment. I know our facilitators mentioned that pre-assessments should be as difficult as summative assessments, so maybe you want to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete