Saturday, June 1, 2013

SMART Goals

  1. I will complete MEd assignments at least three days before the assignment is due
  2. I will practice using Google Docs and search iPad apps that I can use in my classroom one time each week
  3. I will create my CEA and IED calendars for the entire school year by the end of the summer
  4. I will read 6 books this summer:  2 about teaching, 2 non-fiction (self-help), 2 fiction
  5. I will exercise 4 times per week by biking, walking, hiking, or kayaking
  6. I will take my kids to see a new place or do a new thing two times per month


3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jodi - I am exhausted just reading your goals! They all sound awesome, and like they will all in all make your summer so great!!! AND, in the long run, hopefully make life easier in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi - you have a good balance of work, self, and others goals. I like the goal about finishing the homework 3 days prior to due date - a cushion of time to go back and update, rethink, or edit. Not to mention the relief at being done.
    I hope you can have some weather to allow the outside activities! So far, we've only had wet and dreary weather . . . good for your reading goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your 4,5 ad 6! I'm looking for some good books for my trip - let me know if you're got any recommendations! And I have recently become more intentional about exercise too, I always feel good when I'm done, but it is the getting going that is hard for me sometimes, is it like that for you? I am curious as to the places you go with your kids too. We'll have to revisit these goals after the summer is over

    ReplyDelete